Another day of horror

One thing is for sure, Mom is always right. She asked me to avoid news channels and television and well, I did,but then my brother called me up in the afternoon and asked me to switch on the TV set and tune into news. My prompt reaction or question was if it was a depressive piece of news, he was like," OK, Don't!!". This triggered alarm bells, there was something really wrong somewhere and when I surfed thru all useless channels, I finally managed to find TIMES NOW and OMG! there were almost 6-7 serial blasts reported in Bangalore. I was all out of the anti-allergic daze I was in and I started fiddling thru my contact list to call up all the people I know of in bangalore and ask them if they were alrite. I was so shocked and felt a shiver run down my spine when I saw most of the blasts tuk place near my frenz's house. I smsed all of them as the news channels flashed the news of the telephone networks being jammed. I have many frenz there. Thankfully most of them replied and assured me that they were safe but some of them did not bother to respond and kept me biting my fingernails. Anyways, the medicines had already started working and probably the stress tuk to me, I collapsed in my bed and before I cud realise I was fast asleep. When I woke up in the evening, I saw one of my frenz generously responding to an sms sent 5 hrs back, he said " We r OK". I was kinda relaxed. All of the people on my list were safe but what about the others?? I wondered. We human beings are so selfish at times. :( I cud not muster up the courage to watch the news again, although mom told me there were not many casualties reported. If Jaipur blasts were not enuff to affect me, another serial blasts and that too in a city I am pretty close to. I have been travelling in and out of bangalore for past 6 months and it was like second home to me for a while. I cud identify with all the places flashed on the news and it was so scary. Mom was right, I shud not have watched the news, it made me feel so enraged and frustrated. When will this brutal killing spree end?? Nobody has the answers to these questions. IB says they knew abt it and well they think these attacks are retaliatory. Who cares?? We, the people of India and the world are haunted with just one question? WHY?? Why can't they just stop killing people? What's our fault? Why do we, the common people suffer? I am going to bed again today with so many questions crossing my mind. And before I do that, my uncle called me up to enquire abt my typhoid status. He advised me that it may replapse so I shud, I must take rest. How can I rest when I know the truth is one day it will be one of us! I have been an eye-witness to communal riots in Moradabad's village in UP and I will definitely write abt it but for now my heart-felt wishes for the Bangaloreans and I pray for their safety and well-being. There is no end to this violence. Absolutely no end. :(

3 comments:

zirelda July 26, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

(((((you)))))

I see that stuff on the news here and I don't even know what to think. It's horrible and makes me feel ashamed to be human.

Skeeter July 27, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Yes, it's horrible. i don't understand how people can place such a low value on the lives of others. I hope common sense and decency will prevail!

Sinner July 27, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

Hi Zirelda,

Yeah, it is really disturbing. :(

Hey Skeeter,

I hope for the same. I wish someday its all abt peace.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital