I-m-perfect n Self-help(less)

Today when I clicked on'New Post', almost 10-15 thoughts crossed my mind...This is the worst thing about being able to remember everything coz you tend to stumble upon random thoughts so often that it is difficult to decide what is more important and what is not. :) In the terminology of self-help gurus, the management of your work,thoughts and random jobs is called 'Prioritization'. I wonder how can I treat my mind so mechanically and ask it to think about something, it is least interested in. Like I would never be able think about good moments,positive thoughts when someone from the past crops up who has been such a creep to me and who I have been looking for oflate to kick him where it hurts the most.... :) They say if you think about something good at that very moment it helps you become a better person... Don't gimme that!! I have no time to waste, I gotta kick him....lol... :) To be true, the Monday Time-management class was damn irritating....and the trainer told me this prioritization thingie...but at times I wonder, why cant we live life the way it is? Why do we want tips to enhance this..do that...and mess up the whole purpose of life... I find no pleasure in applying some mechanical,proven tips to my life...I mean its gr8 to be ME...the imperfect ME at times... I mean if I wud hv not misjudged people in my life...I wud hv never learnt that there are people who are beyond judgements in our lives,people who are there for you no matter wat.If I wud not have lost my way at Chicago Aiport, I wud not have overcome my fear of escalators. If I wud not have misplaced my driving license, I wud have been the one to get myself killed in the riots. If I wud not have faltered in interviews, I wud not have ended up with a better job tht makes me feel secure.I mean if I wud have actually sat there trying to mould myself with all the tips and tricks in town, I wud not have been what I am...If i wud not have got a jerk as company in CA, I wud not have met my Mr. Perfect on the way... There are many instances from my life where my choices, imperfections and infact at times, even the imperfections life threw at me ,ended up being positive for me.Like, my huge appearance has been a boon to me a lot many times in the crisis situations...Afterall I can scare people away...lol...Jokes apart, I feel that people need no tips to make a relationship work. If I love someone enuff for it to work , the relationship ought to work else we were never meant to be together. The simple pleasure of innocence,unsaid things, unexpressed feelings and surprises that were meant to bring a smile : are all lost amidst " How to get a guy?", "How to make people like you" etc books. Why dont we just let our emotions do what they mean to do? I have seen so many people who wud rationally be imperfect for each other but are really really happy together. They never work on it. I asked mom what made your marriage work and she said," She never thought she had to work towards it, when two people love each other, the rational,logical and analytical thinking does not come into picture at all.It just goes with the flow, you tend to respect each other for whoever you are" and then she is like: "If I already knew from a book that if he replies the blah-way then it means he does not like your blah-attitude or blah-blah action...then life wud not have been so beautiful...we have learnt to grow together as people and if I never made a mistake to hurt him, I wud have never explored what he likes and what he does not. " Thats my point: Why do we complicate life so much? Why dont we just follow our mind and our heart when it comes to OUR life? I am not against Self-help books, I have read some myself too but to be true they never helped. John Gray has so much to say abt Men and Women and their chemistry and all but yes, I cannot imagine asking my guy," Sweetie, Can you please keep the plates in the kitchen for me and please understand I dont mean to hurt you when I say that?."..Ah! Gimme a break... I can never do that, I mean who wud want so much of a hassle to be involved in something as routine as cleaning the table after dinner.If we are together, I dont need to go by the book and it sounds so cheesy to me...What if I say, "Hey, I will go get the dishes, u pls clean the table"...Did that hurt?? I dont think so... Maybe even after being a pure romantic, I still have my feet grounded and I am not in for all this super-cheesy and corny stuff....I am better off saying it the way I want... Whatever....I am not trying to be negative here but this is what crossed my mind.... After all, self-help books talk about saying what you feel like...lol :) Being Imperfect is nothing but an illusion, coz I donno how do you define perfection? Me being happy the way m are...perfect or imperfect ?? doesnt make sense to me. P.S. Grandma said ,"God help those who help themselves" and for atheists : have your own versions!!

2 comments:

Clementine July 9, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

http://griffendors.blogspot.com/2007/05/perfect-naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.html

http://griffendors.blogspot.com/2007/02/direct-dil-se.html

http://griffendors.blogspot.com/2007/12/weird-me.html

I wud like you to read them....u'll know how much i agree to this post!!!

and honestly!!! I like the light background more than the dark one....It kinaa suits ur name and thoughts....
:)

Sinner July 9, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

I am back to where I belong...I am such a sucker for a change...the usual bores me so I switched to darker one but yeah! I think this one is the best... :) Thanks for that..
and yeah! lemme read these and I'll post my comments on the same...

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital