MUST READ : Have you ever really loved a woman??

My mom has a personal beautician who comes over at our place once a month(at times twice/thrice too) and caters to mom's beauty regime...I am a lil scared of the beauty enhancing products and people...so I usually avoid them...I wud only visit a parlor to get some waxing or threading done...or yeah! may be an ocassional Hair-cut....I cant bear all those white,orange,yellow,blue n wat not stuff on my face... Mom has a beautician named Sunita for 7 years and she was separated from her husband(not legally) and had a daughter....She was one person who inspired me a lot...she started her career when she was 33 and well eversince then, there is no looking back....She is a gr8 woman and the first person who made me get over my fear of waxing my legs...(my legs got terrible blisters during a wax session in a high-profile spa cum beauty centre n I told myself I wud never do it again...and the high-profile thing was such a deception...I thought it wud be better and safe for the skin...huh!)... Sunita was going thru the worst in her personal life....she had a daughter, she did not know how long she wud be able to raise...(ofcourse money is imptt)....and her husband was over-possesive and used to physically and mentally abuse her....She stood tall against all that and left his home along with her daughter few years back.... and then she enrolled for a course in beauty and ayurvedic therapy... Last year, when I was busy travelling for work, Mom called me and told me that Sunita had reconciled with her husband....She cud no longer stand the trauma our society gave her and instead she preferred to bear with a man who wud harass her...I donno how is she? She never called us again...and her number does not work...I really really hope she is fine...Her daughter is a sweet kid with loads of dreams in her eyes... Eversince Sunita left, Mom was hunting for a replacement(but no one can replace her, she is really superb at her job)...finally she zeroed down on a female in her early thirties...She is a Jat and the first time I met her, I was so taken aback with her accent and aggression...(not her fault)... I always thought she is one bold kick-ass woman...I never approached her for myself, so she was solely for mom,until today, when I thought I wud just get a eyebrow threading done as I was feeling too lazy to go the nearby beauty centre... She greeted me with a pretty but half-black smile...I was like what happened to her...and she said," Oh! I fell off my bike.". Well, another case of domestic violence...!! Her fone was ringing for about an hour and she did not take the call. Finally Mom asked her to take the call first and resume her job a lil later...Well, she asked the guy at the other end if he w-ud ever hit her again....I was like shocked....and then she told me that my husband punched me hard in the face Gudiya...and thats why my lips are swollen and the left eye is black...ah! bloody husband....am sorry for offensive words...but I simply cud not help myself... :( I felt so choked and uncomfortable....coz she smiled thru the whole tale-telling process....I cud now recollect the last time I saw her...She had a swollen right cheek and she said she had a jaw problem...I m sure he did hit her that time too....Poor thing!! and I thought she was aggressive and she cud stand up for herself... She told me why she is in this marriage for her daughter and coz she has no courage to put her parents in trouble...She asked me to never let her folks know that she was being abused.... The ME that I am, I told her how cud she even take it? But then sooner I realised, in one or the other way she had no choice....Our Indian Society leaves us with nothing :( In the time when we talk about Nuclear Agreements, Globalization, Liberalisation and all that crap, we have people who take out processions in protest of a knee-length dress worn at a party by a movie-star...Gimme a break!! I know I will not be able to sleep well tonite...coz I am gonna think abt this woman and all others who have been going thru this silently....and someday they will give their lives away in silence...and no one wud know... While I was working for AIDS awareness I came across women who wud talk about their helplessness towards protecting themselves against this deadly disease. They have no choice to decide when, how and what. I was working with the sweepers,security office and office peons for that session, all women. I kept on telling them they shud do this and tht to protect themselves, when suddenly one of themvery calmly raised her hand and said," Madam ji, aap jo bhi bataa rahey ho, usmey humaara koi marzi nahi chalta" : "We have no say in protecting ourselves against AIDS during sex". Another shocking thing! I cud not sleep that night and was wondering how blessed I am that I have parents and people around me who let me decide for my life. I really am... I will be writing more about my experience during one of these sessions and also the most shocking thing is 85% of my co-workers believed that AIDS is caused even when you share food and water with an infected person...This is something we will talk about laters...For now, I want to say one thing : A man shud treat his wife/lover/galfren with the same respect, love, care, space, individuality and attention that they demand from them. Women are not meant to be beaten up or abused...they are beautiful creations of god ( I m not game for physical beauty here just to mention)...and theyshud be loved and cared for, the way they do for everyone around them... We should put a stop to domestic violence or for that matter any kind of violence against women... Your wife is an equal human being and she deserves a lot from life and you... Please stop hitting women....they are not meant to bear the brunt of your anger. P.S. I could not decide for an apt title for the post. Grammatical mistakes shud be forgiven for the emotional state I am in.

9 comments:

Skeeter July 19, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

I totally agree with your conclusions and statement. Women are the equal of men. They have the innate right to Life as men. All humans have a fundamental worthy and dignity that must be respected.

Excellent post!

Best wishes,
Skeeter

Aevi July 19, 2008 at 11:04 PM  

i get really pissed at times when i hear such stories... wat a son of a bitch that asshole could be who do such deeds. The right word to categorize them is LOOSER and good for nothing.

Hey can you preach in ur sessions that girls can kick men in the balls. trust me this works...!!! its just like drink hot milk once n u end up being careful with cold yogurt too.

n yeah dnt u apologies for foul words while using 'em against such men... i think u really din abuse 'em well in ur post u need to write wat u think dnt restrain ur flowof words pour ur heart in...!!!

Gaurav Kant Goel July 19, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

I really feel disgusted after knowing such incidents of domestic violence.And the irony is, these men forget that they came into this world because of a 'woman'.

Nice post!!! keep writing.....

Sinner July 20, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Thanks Skeeter.Nice to meet you.

Abhi, thats what I was waiting for, a comment from you. I agree I shud have used all the colorful words but I quiet restrained myself coz I want to convey the pain more than the anger inside me coz of this whole scenario with women.

I agree such men shud be kicked in the balls...but then, how many women can do that? and then, how many of them wud read up our blogs..I truly wish to do something to help them in some way,counselling does help but then they need more than that...they need security(financial,emotional,physical and social)and lots of love.

Gaurav, the feeling of disgust is there within me too but what shud we do to help such people?

zirelda July 20, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

Great post Harshita. And I absolutely agree.

It must be very difficult when there aren't that many choices. :(

Clementine July 22, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

:(

I feel as misrable about these men as for these women....These guys dont know wat kinna care, respect n love they are missing by behaving like this...

I tell u Harshita I can add couple of incidence in this post and there is alot more we can do....but the sad part is....it wont help...nthing will help until people realise that this is above the gender games....before being categorised as men n women....we all r humans...we all want to be cared n loved...we all bleed n we all feel hurt!!!
:(

Its quite unfortunate that we dont know the solution....n we cant get it done...

Rakesh Parwal July 22, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

of course, domestic violence is too common across the society. I've witnessed quite a number of domestic violence cases - since my childhood days in villages -to- my experience in a Metro... They are FRUSTRATED animals and do exist everywhere. If they can't achieve anything in their personal, professional or any other front, they come up abusing their wives. Sick Dogs!

Anonymous,  July 22, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

Saying says Sick peolpe can only do sick things.
i hate those dogs n literally i think they shld be kicked exactly whr others r agreed so tht they can realise the pain these womens bear n not for them but for thier parents otherwise they will nvr live with them...
wht to say still its shocking education also not helping them they are well educated dogs n animals,, i think animals are better then these People....

Poor mentality n sick people they think thier womens are not standing against because they are dependent and weak........
one fine day they ll get replyyy i m suree...

but for this women has to stand against there so called husband

Sinner July 23, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

Thanks Zirelda. Yeah! we still have along way to go in India when it comes to Women and their rights.

Clementine, I agree all we can do is discuss and nothing more as of now. Reason being the people being harassed never want to come forward and put across their complaints or grievances to the law-makers and protectors and even if they do, we know it very well that the treatment given to them is really harsh and rude.
If we spread this message thru our circle of people and encourage more and more women to take a stand and more and more men to wake up to this cause, we can definitely make a difference.

Rakesh, I understand it is pretty disturbing if you have such an experience even if the person involved is not you. I wish we cud do something for the tormented women. Thanks for spoting in your comment.

Hey Pallav, Women have to stand but then we have to do a lot of ground work for that.
- We can start it from our family itself, by protecting the women in our famiuly against any prejudice and harassment and by ensuring they are treated with dignity and equality. We shud let them knwo that they can be loved and cared for.
- Similarly one can educate female frenz on the same and extend support.
- In a broader perspective, we can start with the women around us like I mentioned the beautician...and ofcourse by educating Men too.

I hope we all wud make some difference someday so we have a better life for the women across the country as well the world.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital