Monday ka fundaa (Monday Blues)

Monday Mornings!! I dread them, yet they never disappear at all...Just like the huge scary woman who was rumored to kidnap kids and torch them...She wud stand under the same banyan tree every afternon while I was on my way back from skool...I was damn scared of her but she wud never disappear...that was pre-nursery skool...But THIS is MONDAY MORNING and I know I have to be in office...coz they pay me for atleast being at work...wat do I do there? Well, I myself donno...I m still kinda trying to figure it out... My driver was on leave so Dad offered to drive me to office...I wish I cud have seen the streak in his eyes...the streak of victory...as if he was waiting for this moment to come....:( For those who donno about the Dad vs Me story, well we are almost alike yet poles apart....coz we never agree in anything in this world...and especially cars :) I love AC cars(I mean why do we have Alto and SX4 ??) and he still loves to stick around with his Maruti 800 which has no audio and no AC and its nt that he cannot afford it but I think he has this fascination with the old stuff...I still remember how much coaxing went into convincing him to sell off his FIAT car... Anyways, so he smiled and said, I will drop you and mom both...I was like, gr8!! Guess wat? He drove me in his sans AC Maruti 800. And when Dad conspires then universe is with him, we had a terrible traffic jam and almost 12 trucks passed by me throwing some 500-700 gms of dust on my face, in my hair...and grrrrrr my clothes... I knew HE was loving it...finally after I planned to almost faint coz of dust n suffocation, he dropped me at the office gate and what did he say?? Nothing, we never say hello and bye to each other...even when it has been some thousands of times that he has picked me up and dropped me....I am surprised to say, We hardly talk on our way, coz we dont have anything to talk abt... :) With a dizzy spell zooming over my head, I entered the comofort of minuses of AC in office...OMG it was a beautiful start to a wrecking Monday... I had a Time Management Training at 9 and I reached at 8:45 and the trainer arrived only at 10:30. I love my life. :( This guy did not even bother to apologize for the delay and simply shrugged and said," I though u guys will come by 11". I was like " What do you mean dude?, 9 am sharp means 9 am sharp!!" The training was as boring as the guy....and the participants did most of the talking as he was least aware of wt all we needed to pursure in the course....grrr... I utilized the 10-15 min breaks to get my laptop fixed which required me to run from one floor to another...:( Altogether it was a tiresome Monday at office and then it was 6 when I called up Dad and asked him if he was on his way...but he told me he was at the office since 5( he was lying for sure so that I apologize and well, I did). Another bumpy joyride in Maruti 800 on my way back as he chose to take a shortcut that is full of the worst possible pits and bumps... I tuk a deep breathe and told myself...this shall pass...and we made it to our house after an hour... finally the creepy Monday ended....aaaaaaahaaaaa!! But Dad I can see you smiling....

2 comments:

Gaurav Kant Goel July 1, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

People say that Monday is the worst way to spend 1/7th of your life. However, the routine in my office is so saturated that I often do not realize that Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or even Friday is different from Monday....
:(

Nice to read about your Monday routine.....

Aevi July 2, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

Mondays apart ... dad n kids can never come to an agreement but when i turn back and see wat dad said 3 yrs back i agree now :) its just a matter of time... may be their views are too early for us to accept and tomorrow they may make sense.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital