Sunny : The Funny

Therez this weird guy who has been a very important part of my life for the last 24 years, we have grown up together, fighting,cribbing,laughing,plotting and almost doing all the kiddo and teenage stuff together... Standing tall at some 6 feet(m exaggerating) , he is 24 yrs of age but still comes across as a college freshman. We have been together for 24 yrs now and have seen all that life had in store for us clinging onto each other most of the times. He is my kid brother, not exactly kid I wud say coz he is just one year younger to me...but then one look at us and you wud say its some 5-6 yrs of age difference...blame it on my huge built or his not-so-huge built!! Our bonding goes back to the skool days, he was an underweight,ugly kid (just coz of the clutter bag tht he luked like)who had long and dirty nails and a running nose...his dressing sense was amazing too....with his trousers almost leaving his waist and running down....his shirt almost hanging in there and his tie trying to get hold of the thinnest of necks... :) I wud always tell him...OMG! no one wud believe you are MY brother...I was the typical neat and ofcourse big kid, who had a reputation in skool... :) (atleast I thought so). He had this weird obsessions towards food, we called him "BHOJAN BHAI", coz u wud catch him munching all the time and still he wud never even gain an ounce of weight...lucky guy!! Funniest thing is whenever we got stuck in a traffic jam on our way back frm skool, my mom used to cry telling her frenz how Sunny cant stay hungry for more than 1 hour and she used to get worried that he wud start crying in the bus and create a havoc...!! he he Also, no matter if he missed his skool bus in the morning, he made sure he gorged on 3 paranthas and ofcourse 1 from my share too....( I was too busy to eat) before rushing for the bus....he he... The after-effect is exactly opposite, I am over-weight and huge when he is so frail....life is funny...isn't it? Anyways, we studied in the same skool and poor boy had to hear all kind of things from his teachers about how he cud not match up my reputation in skool(now thts true)... Sooner(just like a bollywood movie), he gave up the untidy-avatar and transformed into a handsome, well-groomed young boy in skool...(I still suspect he had an affair!! he nevr told me though).... We parted ways when he went away for a diploma course to Tamil Nadu and I left home for my Engineering an year after....we stayed in touch thru letters and later phone calls... The cry-baby that he was, turned into a confident and handsome man who has gals drooling over him but he is comfortably single (is what I knw, I hope he has no secrets here)....and am so proud of him...coz he is an excellent performer at his work....especially for his age he is doing really well....I find it surprising at times, that a person who was so shy has made a name for himself and is making us proud.... I wud not say we have a pour-ur-heart type of bonding with each other but yeah! we are always there for each other....no matter wat....He wud tease me whole day long (even wen he is in office) over the chat, on the phone and at home...but then he can't see me cry too...He always comes to my rescue with his shoulder to lean on....I blabber all abt my day at work and he wud listen patiently but then end the conversation irritatingly, and say" Toh, what shud I do?" and then wud smile stealthily... His jokes and sense of humor peps me up even in the worst of times... he is at times a sweetheart and at times super-irritating...we have had our share of physical fights(no points for guessing who beats whom)....but then he can irritate you so bad mentally that he does not need to use his not-so-huge physical power.... :) Imagine, he first let Happy eat-up my Ipod earfones...and now he is busy hunting for a replacement for the same... :) Although I have 3 brothers(the other two are pair of twins), but Sunny and me share a different bond...as we have grown, learnt and shared together.... There have been times while we were growing up when we clung to each other for a lot many things....thru our ups and downs...and I am not gonna dig deeper...as I am not gonna say any thanks here.... he did what he was supposed to... lol All the best Sunna, as I call him (with utter love and anger at times)...he he... !! P.S. Sunna, you must be cursing the day when you told me you dont bother what I write about you...well, your secrets are out now, honey!

7 comments:

zirelda July 19, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

How wonderful. I am the baby of the family. My sister is my influence still.

And I did not live up to the reputations of my siblings in school. I was the compliant child. lol

What a great post Harshita.

Sinner July 19, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

Thanks Zirelda.

The 'Baby in the family' is always the centre of attention and is adorable. :)

Clementine July 22, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

I have a younger sister!!! n she out n out a brillant performer...she is this neat, tidy,belle girl with maners and decency and grt score card...but she alwz tell me.."didi!!! aap kaise sab kuch kar leti ho!!!" he he he!!! she finds me grt!!

siblings are like kids n we have a kinna motherly attitude towards them....:)

we r blessed!!!!

Anonymous,  July 22, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

hiiii


u knw i m short of words n laughing like naythng after reading all ths i had recollected my all old memoruies n u knw u missed his one part which is " bat his result tht his result never come and he start studying in next classs.ha ha ha ha ha ha

n bhojan bhaiiii
marvelous i cant forget ths


Gr8888 Sis keep it upppp...
Poor Sunny now ur publicise tooooo..
ha ha ha ha ha
awesomeeeee

Unknown August 16, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

Hi ,
Nice comments on ur brother ,really he is confident and mature young man now I am really impressed with him ,ur also doing very well and I really feel proud about u,once again congrats for ur selection.
Affectionatly ur
ajay

Sinner August 17, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

Thanks a lot Maamu, Itz all becoz of ur blessings and gud wishes...I wud always need your love ans support.
Love
Ruchi

SOCH... April 29, 2011 at 8:01 PM  

Its really nice to have a brother or sister.. being one child, i have never been able to njoii the moments you mentioned... but i hav felt them wen i used to stay wid my cuzins... and those feelings are priceless...
god bless u all... :-)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital