A break that never was.........

I am back from the break...Well, it was not a break to be true... My biggest problem is I am really bad at taking a break....I have been so much into work, home(am sure Sunny will differ here), pets and studies that I ended up believing this what life is all about. And now when I down with the flu, it is so hard for me to rest. I keep checking my office mails and assuring my team-mates everyday that I'll be back tomorrow....and well coz I am busy doing this, I hardly find time to take rest and the result is I am not back to work, the "tomorrow" I mentioned "yesterday". Similarly, I cant keep off the reading stuff, I am glued to my favourite blogs almost 2 hours a day...and then if not blogs I wud read up newspapers,MBA books or even some old magazines... Mom is simply irritated with me...She cannot understand how can someone not rest...but then I am like that since my childhood...She always tells me that she cud not understand how to make me sit at one place during the summer vacations in skool....I was always after her to get my home-work and assignments done....and wud insist on books to read up....ha ha...and if that was not enuff I wud finish up my holiday homework in 15 days and well for the rest of the 2 months wud tell her, "Maa ,I am done with the assignments and now am getting bored". We did not have a PC at home or for that matter even satellite television channels to rely on... Mom was not in favour of comic books as she always insisted that course-books and infact all the GOOD books are a person's best friend....so I did not even have that luxury. I remember I read my first comic book (at my maternal granny's place)when I was 13 yrs old that too out of curiosity. I was into the Pinkys and Chacha Chaudharis when my galfrenz were into Mills n Boons... :) We will come to that sometime laters... ;) In short, I dont knw the art of resting/relaxing my body/mind and thus Yoga also seemed like a Herculean task for me in the beginning.....although now I have accepted it more or less. Imagine, I have not been given a green signal from my doctor and am still posting on the blog when I shud take rest...but cant help it.... For me an ideal break wud be far away frm home and work and somewhere in a country that boasts of greens and blues or typical classic culture...I mean natural beauty: waters and trees...n all...a dream day then wud be: I wud lie on my back in the park..with the misty wind blowing across my face and me reading a romantic novel...ocassionally a leaf or two wud fall off on the book... I wud turn on my back after sometime and see the kids playing as if they have nothing to worry abt,smile to myself...and join them...and later wud take a long walk by beach-side and then collapse in the sand and take a nap for a quick 20 mins... wud catch up on some rain on my way back and treat myself with hot punju-chinese food...wud cuddle up in the bed watching "Serendipity" for the umpteenth time....!! Hmm...What a dream break it is!! Calmed me a bit.... I simply cant relax within the same surroundings that I work in....and thts the reason may be that I cannot take rest at all...no matter if I am sick.... But then, someday I am gonna fly to such a place and have loads of fun.... Till then will have to hang-in here...with the same old mudane life...will have to cater to whole lot of responsibilities....make some real good money....and yeah! till then the best way to unwind is Blog On! Ah! I need to report back to work on Monday but when I was I missing from work, anyways??

4 comments:

Gaurav Kant Goel July 19, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Well, rest this saturday and sunday...get out of your flu and get well soon!!!

zirelda July 19, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

Ah... Dan does not know the art of resting either. I am an expert at it.

Love your description of your dream rest day. Days like that are beautiful.

I consider reading blogs and posting resting. :)

Sinner July 19, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Gaurav, I did rest(blog) today...thanks for ur wishes..

Zirelda,Indeed such days are beautiful...Wish to experience few soon.Hope the weekend is going gud so far..

Clementine July 22, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Some of ur personal posts make me feel like ur writing something about me!!

I am exactly the same person...I hate to stay back n lay down...I like busy schedules...reading n writing blogs, reading books..infact i love cooking very much!!! My frnd says m an electron which is in the high energy state n alwz ready to react!!! he he he!!
:)

n let me confess!! I still read comic books!! chacha choudhary, billo pinky, bankelaal, motu patlu, champak is my fav, chanda mama, nandan.....all of them!!!!

we have quite a lot in common harshita!!! :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital