The Homecoming.

Now, it is final that the viruses have decided to stay a lil longer in my body, so I have no option watsoever but to live with it, until they call it quits. I am trying to survive with the constant muscular aches n weakness. There is some good news though. My younger brother(one amongst the pair of twins) has got a transfer to an office near our place. So the house which had only 2 people and one dog to start with some 6 yrs back, is now full of all kinds of sounds,smells (The more the men in the house, the worst it gets) and personalities. I have realised that once you start staying alone it gets pretty difficult to come back and adapt to the family ways again. I faced lot many issues when I got a job in my hometown and I came back home some 2 yrs back. I knew I cud not do things I did in another city where I lived alone. The Usual Can't do stuff is : - No late-nite dance parties. - No dinner dates - No cluttering - No sleeping after 6 am in the morning.(even during weekends) - No MAGGI/NOODLES ever on the menu. - No shopping every weekend. - No ocassional movie outings. - No more lazying around. - No more binging on chocolates.(Mom keeps telling me I wud never get married if I keep doing so) - No more avoiding baths in winters on Sundays. - No more TV programs between before or after 9 pm. - No more long-conversations over the phone. - No more unjustified actions(the way you wear your hair shud also be at times justified as you are not allowed to wash off ur hair on Tuesdays,Thursdays and Saturdays) - No more self-medication(Crocins,Aspirins and Pain-killers, you must see the doc even if you sneeze)

The Stuff you end up doing is :

- The only outing is attending Dinner at relatives' place during weekends even if I hardly know the relatives who invited us. (to be true such dinners are so boring that I usually fake a headache).

- It is a MUST to attend all the weddings and ceremonies of the people you hardly ever met or those whom only ur parents know and u have no idea which part of the planet they came from.

- Only Paranthas on the Breakfast menu.

- You spend your weekends by cleaning up your room, arranging your cupboards or the most cooking something for the family. - Weekend treats or special dinners wud mean "RAJMA CHAWAL" or "KADI CHAWAL" every sunday. - The TV programs that you watch include "KYUNKI SAAS BHI KABHI BAHU THI" or some dumb music reality show. - The movies you end up watching are " GANGAJAL"(coz ur dad loves it) or " DULHAN WAHI JO PIYA MANN BHAAYE" coz ur mom loves it. - The dance parties wud mean calling over 4-5 relatives for a drink/dinner and then dancing with them in the hall to the same song again and again.(that too a Punjabi song) - Meeting weird people who ask you abt ur marriage whenever they manage to catch hold of you..even if it is none of their business at all - Washing your hair only twice a week or at times once(God forbid, if you forget to wash it on the day you are supposed to, even if they are long enuff to carry some kgs of dust with them.) Therez a lot more fun attached to this whole fundaa of staying with one's family once you have stayed alone for few years. So many things changed and at first it was so difficult for me that I almost decided on moving out. The whole concept of DISCIPLINE at home at times gets to me ...but then now I am pretty used to it. Now when Money (pet name for by younger bro) is back home, I am sure he's gonna face a tough time. My suggestion wud be ,"Bro, just hang in there". :) He has already started telling me how I have changed as per the family environment and started behaving like an old woman over the block. :) He has inspired me a lot now to get back to my old ways but lets see if he can still hang-in thr with same amount of excitement and enthusiasm that he talked about yesterday coz the weekend is yet to come!! ;)

P.S. Ofcourse, HOME is the best place in the world but then all best things have some price tag attached to them. ;)

1 comments:

Gaurav Kant Goel July 23, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

hahahaha.......

vaise 'Home is where the heart is!' I am sure u miss your home life if now u move outside.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital